An easy noodle stir fry recipe using Schezwan Chutney
When you decide to go the whole 9 yards, you better give it your all. So, here it is. The yummy Schezwan Chutney in a stir fry noodle bowl, a side of crispy, shallow fried schezwan tofu and some fresh veggies like bok choy, cabbage and peppers. This bowl was the best noodle stir fry I have made said Missy, a huge fan of Asian Inspired food !! Mission Accomplished ! Whole 9 yards and more !!! Yay !
Prep ! prep ! Prep ! Before you begin to cook, light the fire, heat your wok, make sure you have everything prepped. Prep when the water for the noodles is boiling. If you use a kettle like I do for quick hot water, prep before that then LOL !!
Prep time : 15 minutes Cook time : 10 minutes Servings : 4
Spice level – 🌶🌶🌶 Ease level 😃
- Noodles of choice – I have used 3 packets of Tainan style noodles (Costco)
- Ginger – 2 inches – chopped finely
- Garlic – 3 cloves – chopped finely
- Serrano green chili – 1/2 – chopped finely
- Baby bok choy – 2
- Cabbage – 1 cup – sliced thin
- Bell pepper – 1 – thin sliced
- Red onion – small – thinly sliced
- White sesame seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Rice wine vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Schezwan chutney – 1 teaspoon (or as needed)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon(vegan sugar)
- Soy Sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil to stir fry
Pan Fried Tofu
- Extra firm tofu – 1 block
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- cornstarch – 1 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- Schezwan chutney – 1/2 teaspoon
- oil – 1 Tablespoon
How to :
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Make sure you cook it al dente and drain immediately and then spread it out on a plate. Apply oil and let it cool, making sure the noodles do not form a big lump.
- While the water for noodles is heating up, prep all your veggies and aromatics. Slice the veggies thin so we can quickly stir fry it on high heat.
- Cut the tofu into bite sized pieces and add to a bowl. Coat it in the rice flour, cornstarch and salt ,mixture. Heat a wok on medium high heat, add oil and shallow fry these up. Once it has crisped up to your desire , add the chutney and toss it well. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add oil, once it heats up, add the sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, green chili, the sliced red onions and fry for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Next, add the sliced veggies, some salt and stir fry for 2-3 minutes making sure you do not over cook the veggies. Add a splash of rice wine vinegar to retain the color and for taste. Check for salt at every stage so as to not over salt it.
- Next add some pepper, soy sauce and the schezwan chutney. Give it one last quick toss, check for salt, add the sugar and then dump the noodles in the wok.
- Toss it really well to loosen up the noodles and making sure it evenly coats all the noodles. Turn off heat and remove to the counter. Please make sure you do not over cook the veggies.
Serve in a bowl, add the tofu on the top or leave it to the side and enjoy this delightful noodle bowl. Make it as spicy as you can take it, make it your own!!
Enjoy !! Thank you for stopping by !!