Chive Flavored Compound Butter
2 weaknesses that drive me insane are butter and cheese ! I was raised on Ghee..I mean Indian food and ghee are a match made in heaven, how do i resist that and cheese…..before coming here the only form I liked was Paneer, but now……I Heart Cheese..almost all of them…..the cheese stands at the farmers market are the hardest for me to walk by without indulging in some freshly made local cheese !! Butter is close second, especially compound butter, whipped honey butter on muffins or scones, garlic butter on naan breads….ooh la la !
Now butter, which in itself adds so much richness and flavor to any food, whipping it with some extra flavor makes elevates the flavor, taste and more importantly reduces the guilt of using a nice big dollop over corn on the cob or burger patty or savory pancake or anything else you can think of….ok…..reduced guilt can be a slight exaggeration but the intense yumminess will dull the guilt at least 😁!! And it is so easy to make and packs so much flavor (did I mention that already?) and the options are almost endless!!
A neighbor gave some fresh chives and that’s what started this all. Fresh chives, freshly made garlic paste….I just could not resist…oh…did I mention fresh ears of corn I had picked up that morning? Yup……how can one resist all these ?
Just 5 ingredients and delicious compound butter is ready in 5 minutes !
Prep time : remember to thaw the butter to room temperature, summer time ; an hour on the counter
- Softened butter – 1/2 cup – 1 stick – unsalted sweet cream
- Chives – chopped – 1.5 tablespoon or use herb of choice
- Red chili flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
How to :
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened room temperature butter. Whip it gently with a fork or a small whisk.
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients and fold it in and whip until it is fluffy, for 2 minutes.
- You can either transfer the butter to a plactic wrap, make a log and store in the refrigerator or store it in an airtight glass container.
- I immerse the glass container in hot water for a minute when i need to loosen the butter a little bit and help it spread well on my corn or burger buns/patties.
It is that easy! Make it your own and enjoy !! Thank you for stopping by !