Why am I calling a simple Mango 🥭 Strawberry 🍓 Smoothie this? On Instagram there is a food/art/photography event that is encouraging participants to post pictures of their food or art or photography that resemble the colors of either the sunrise or sunset or if it is food, something that looks like it or something we may indulge in at that hour !
Incidentally I had made this smoothie a couple of days ago, completely didn’t anticipate this color. Coincidentally I saw the post for that contest and fortunately it all worked well together ! Furthermore, Google Photos reminded me of a picture of a sunset 🌅 I had clicked a couple years ago…this post was meant to be !! LOL ! The pictures are ok, but I was blown away by the taste of this simple JUST 5 INGREDIENTS smoothie!!
Hence I had to name it the Sunset Smoothie!
Recipe : Sunset Smoothie
|Prep Time : 5 minutes||Serves : 3|
- Manila Mango – ripe 1 – peeled and chopped
- Fresh strawberries – 5 – sliced
- Dates – pitted – 2 – chopped
- Almond milk – 2 cups – unsweetened – plain
- Ice cubes – 4 to 6
How to :
- In a good high power blender, add the almond milk, then the dates, next the mango and strawberries and finally the ice cubes.
- Either set it on Smoothie mode or run it on high speed for 45 seconds to a minute.
- Serve over more ice cubes or as is.
- Absolutely delicious and simple !
The key to this yummy liquid goodness is the perfectly ripe seasonal fruits and the dates ! I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Thank you for stopping by