Hello ! My name is Vaidehi, call me Vai, I am very excited about to be here. We are a family of 4. Our time together cooking in the kitchen, eating and chit chatting at the dining table or by the TV(yes, we eat our dinner in front of the TV, it is an earned privilege) are times we look forward to and cherish a lot.Most of the writing and posting will be by me, with guest appearances from the rest of the quartet. I am not a techie which means I cook better than I blog!
• I am a home cook (close to 2 decades now), my husband is the visiting cook (a very valuable one) and our children can put together a good snack from the pantry or freezer ingredients. They are learning to make their own meals now. Thusly, TheFoodieQuartet !!
• We are from Chennai, Tamil Nadu (a Southern state in India), love our native cuisine! Our taste in food has evolved over the years. We have come to appreciate, enjoy and relish cuisines from around the world. We have a lot more learning and eating to do.
• We wanted a place to save and share our kitchen trials, triumphs and troubles. A virtual space that can keep a record of our food journey. M has been asking me to chronicle our foodie tales in one place for quite some time now.
• This blog idea has been in my head for about 7 years now(yup!). I was very scared of starting one because we are quite a private gang and not very social media savvy.
• Why now? 1. Our children are older and more independent, leaving me with some more ‘Me’ time on hand. 2. This Shelter in Place due to the pandemic gave us the opportunity & time at home together, to pursue our interests. 3. Better late than never!
• A special thank you to my amma, ammamma, paati, sister and mother-in-law for all the learnings and inspirations ❤️!!
• Photographs are taken on either my smart phone or our Nikon DSLR (which I am still trying to learn how to use). We have been taking pictures of our kitchen adventures and misadventures, posting it on our private Instagram page for about 2 years now.
• I have been diligently following many many home cooks via their blog. They have inspired me, come to my rescue on the nights I had no clue what to cook for dinner and also absolutely amaze me at how meticulous they are at keeping up with it all. Thank you, from the bottom of my 🧡, to everyone that has inspired and motivated me.
- A lot of these recipes are from my mother, grandmothers, mother-in law and my sister. Recipes inspired by the food we eat at our friends’, extended family’s homes and restaurants will be shared here.
What to expect here :
- Photos and recipes belong to TheFoodieQuartet. Please reach out if you need to use them. thefoodiequartet[at]gmail[dot]com
- It is very very very difficult for me to give exact measurements for recipes that were taught to me by my mom and grandmas, but I promise to try.
- This blog is a like scrapbook of recipes, one that my children can use as well, when they are ready to spread their wings and fly.
- Simple living is our mantra, recipes or lifestyle, we love it simple.
- Kindness never goes out of fashion and sharing is fun.
- I am like semi homemade recipes because it saves me on the days when time seems to fly.
- I do not believe in plagiarism, so credit will be given where and when needed. We are not trying to compete with anyone, we are just pursuing our interest :)!
- English is not my native language, so kindly excuse the grammatical errors and lack of finesse in the writing.